Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hard Time Growing Up

We were driving tonight when I heard a sob coming from the back seat. I turned around to find Tara in tears. Poor thing...I asked her what was wrong and this was her reply:
Tara: "I don't want to grow up...I already know I'm going to have a hard time growing up"
Mom: "Well growing up isn't the easiest thing but why do you feel that it is going to be harder for you?"
Tara: "Because I want everything and everything costs a lot of money"
Mom: "True but we all like things but you will learn as you grow what is important and what isn't. Besides, you are a really smart girl and doing well in school will lead to a really good job which will allow you to earn a lot of money."

Also included in the conversation is that she is afraid of dying and never wants to move out of our home. OMG, this child worries too much!

...and what's a post without a picture...this pic was taken in August.

No comments: